Thursday 13 August 2015

Hair Game Strong

After reading end number of articles over the internet, I just had to give this reverse washing thing a go. It sounded so radical. Years of conditioning my hair after I had shampooed  and it seemed to be working just fine, until I moved to a new city. About a year ago, when I moved to Delhi, my hair didn’t really take well to the weather and water change. I started suffering from major hair damage and hair fall.Reverse hair washing comprises of conditioning your hair before you shampoo them. Now I have a pretty oily scalp so it didn’t really sound that appealing to me because I need a good rinse to get that grease out of my scalp. Nonetheless, I decided to give this a try.

The way to go about it is that you first completely wet your hair in the shower and then apply your conditioner from the mid lengths to the tips of your hair. About 5-7 minutes later, gently rinse off the conditioner. You don’t have to stress much on getting the conditioner out of your hair. The trick is to wash off your conditioner using the shampoo. So next you use your shampoo and give your hair a good rinse.

Hair Fresh after a head wash

Hair 12 hours after head wash

The promise: This technique is supposed to reduce your hair fall during the shower. What happens in most cases, is that the knots and tangles in our hair get tugged while we are shampooing them, leading to hair breakage. This technique ensures that your hair is detangled when you conditioned them leading to reduced hair fall during the wash. It is also supposed to make your hair more shiny and voluminous since you wash off the conditioner which otherwise tends to weigh your hair down.

The Yay factor: I have been following this regime for about 8 washes now and I must say, I’m not disappointed. It most definitely addressed my primary concern which was hair fall. Washing my hair this way led to almost no hair breakage while washing. It also gave my hair a fresh and bouncy look.

The Nay factor: This technique might not be the best to follow during the rainy season as hair tends to get a bit frizzy during this time. You would want to avoid this method if you have hair that is already quite frizzy.
Other than that one fallout, I think this new reverse washing thing is a must try!

Alternate headings

Formal titles:
1) The secret to happy hair
2) The right way to wash your hair
3) Reverse hair washing
4) The new way to wash your hair
5) Now do it right

Informal headings:
1) The new hair craze
2) Have you been doing it right ?
3) So radical, you'll love it
4) Turns out you've been doing it wrong

5) How to get those lustrous locks



No comments:

Post a Comment